UAE से सर्जरी कराने पहुंची भारत, लेकिन मिली दुखद खबर, सदमें में परिवार

3 min

  • यूएई में रहने वाली संध्या की केरल में सर्जरी के बाद मृत्यु हो गई
  • एक निजी अस्पताल में सर्जरी कराने पहुंची थी महिला
  • भारत के केरल में अलुवा था उसका होम टाउन
  • सर्जरी को बताया जा रहा है दोषपूर्ण
  • पेशे से नर्स से 37 वर्षीय संध्या मेनन
  • ‘anaesthesia mishap’ के वजह से छीन गया उसका जीवन
  • तबियत खराब होने के बाद निजी अस्पताल से तुरंत किया था आपातकालीन उपचार के लिए राजगिरी मेडिकल कॉलेज में स्थानांतरित
  • राजगिरी मेडिकल कॉलेज में घोषित कर दिया गया मृत
  • संध्या का छोटा भाई अमेरिका में है
  • अंतिम संस्कार के लिए उसका इंतजार कर रहा है परिवार
  • संध्या के पति अबू धाबी में मैकेनिकल इंजीनियर काम करते हैं
  • संध्या ने पूरी की थी कोझीकोड मेडिकल कॉलेज से बीएससी नर्सिंग की पढ़ाई
  • अपनी शादी के तुरंत बाद यूएई चली गईं संध्या

An Abu Dhabi resident died after undergoing a ‘faulty’ sterilisation surgery in a private hospital in her hometown of Aluva in the south Indian state of Kerala.
Sandhya Menon, a 37-year-old nursing professional and mother-of-two, died a tragic death due to an alleged ‘anaesthesia mishap’ caused by medical professionals in Aluva, revealed family sources. However, she was declared dead at the Rajagiri Medical College, where she was transferred for emergency treatment, on Monday, a few hours after she went into surgery.
Sandhya, her husband Anoop, and sons aged 12 and six travelled to India for the summer holidays earlier this month. MS Rajeevan, Sandhya’s relative, said her mother accompanied her for the minor procedure on Monday morning. “Since it was a small treatment, she decided to do it during the holidays so that she has time for recovery. After being admitted, she was taken into a pre-operative holding area, where she told her mother there is a mistake in her case file,” alleged Rajeevan.

He added: “We think she knew this because she was a trained nurse. The nurses and doctors at the hospital were alerted of this mix-up, and they got hold of her file.” Later, she was wheeled into the operation theatre, where the family said she was given a test dose of anaesthesia. The mother was informed they would start the procedure in 10 minutes. Unfortunately, an hour into the surgery, the mother noticed that the staff were running around panicked.
“Her mother realised something was amiss and demanded answers. The staff told her that immediately after the anaesthesia was administered, she became unconscious and was not responding to CPR,” alleged another relative, Jayakumar. Later, Sandhya was transported to Rajagiri Medical College, where she was confirmed dead. “The medical college doctors said she may have suffered a cardiac arrest moments after the anaesthesia was administered,” added Jayakumar.

Like it? Share with your friends!

Ravi Shekhar


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: